Who doesn’t love to eat cheesecake? Who could resist these French sweets? So what will it be like to stand in front of a plate of caramel cheesecake, and not just any caramel, but salted caramel, and not just any cheesecake, but a cheesecake you’ve made? Of course it's worth it.
Normally, caramel is a liqueur that tastes sweet with a bit of bitterness, but it’s salty! Yes, this time it will be salty, but not to the extent that you imagine, but to the extent that it makes the taste of the caramel very tasty, a taste that fits perfectly into the caramel cheesecake dish, so be prepared. you.
Here's how to prepare salted caramel and then how to prepare salted caramel cheesecake with a set of notes that ensure the success of this dish.
- Two simple packets of tea cookies.
- 5-6 tablespoons soft butter and no salt, or you can use sweetened condensed milk.
You may like: 4 recipes for making sweetened condensed milk with a great taste of types already made
- A cup and a half of any type of cream cheese or fatty cheese (it is preferable to rely on types that contain a percentage of cream, or you can also add a little cream).
- A cup of white sugar.
- A cup of cream for cooking.
- 3 eggs.
- A teaspoon of vanilla (it is preferable to rely on liquid vanilla, but if you do not provide it, you can use vanilla powder).
for salted caramel
- 1 cup brown sugar (you can also use white sugar if you don’t have it available).
- 4 tablespoons water.
- 4 tablespoons soft butter and no salt.
- Three-quarters cup of cream.
- Half a teaspoon of salt (this amount can be changed as desired).
- Melt the butter well in the microwave for a few moments.
- Crush the cookies very finely, either beating them with an electric mixer.
- We add melted butter to the crushed cookies and stir well until we get a cookie texture similar to the texture of a crumbled dough that binds when pressed (i.e. it sticks to pressure).
- Put it in a cheesecake mold and spread well under pressure and leave in the fridge until it’s time to use it.
Note: You can add more butter or use sweetened condensed milk to adjust the consistency.
You may like: How to make butter cookies ... Some ingredients, but the result is amazing
- The cream cheese is whipped for about 5-10 minutes alone so that it takes on a larger volume by introducing air into it.
- Then we add the cream to cook with a continuous whisk to get the soft texture that resembles cream.
- Add the vanilla, sugar and eggs (one egg, then beat a little, then the next, etc.).
- We take the cheesecake mold out of the fridge and pour the filling over the layer of cookies, making sure it is well distributed without any empty spaces inside.
- We prepare a water bath by placing the mold on a baking tray with boiling water and put it in the oven at high temperature. After about 10-15 minutes, the oven temperature is reduced to about 150 degrees Celsius.
- After a full hour and a quarter, turn off the oven and leave the tray in the oven for about 30 minutes without opening the oven door.
- After 10 minutes, open the oven door and remove the tray and mold.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the mold for about an hour at room temperature, then place in the fridge and leave for about 3-4 hours.
- During this time we will have prepared the caramel.
- Over low heat and in a suitable saucepan, add sugar and water, stirring until the mixture begins to boil.
- Then add the butter, stir a little, then the cream and salt, stirring constantly, for about a few minutes, and then remove from the heat when we get the right consistency and wait for it to cool.
You may like: How to make candy ... 5 ingredients with 8 minutes are more than enough
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge or freezer, separate from the mold and place on a serving platter.
- The caramel is spread on the face of the cheesecake and so it is ready.
- You can add a quantity of nuts, grated chocolate or fruit to the face of the mold (as desired).
It’s not the first time you’ve tasted a cheesecake with caramel, but maybe it’s already the first time you’ve made it or even eaten it with salted caramel, so you have to share the result and how did you like this dish?
You may like:
- How to make cheesecake with 5 easy recipes
- Chocolate mousse cake ... 3 layers of chocolate on a base of delicious cookies
Salty caramel cheesecake ... Cheesecake, but with a very different caramel sauce