Flour, powdered yeast, sugar, butter, vanilla, oats, raisins, walnuts, a pinch of salt, mix them according to the steps, and then in the oven, and the delicious aroma of the oatmeal cookies will fill the place, and everything that will. you have to enjoy it with a cup of coffee, milk, tea or sun, it is irresistible!
To all lovers of oats, to those who want to eat cookies, but in a different and delicious way, to those who want to prepare them, but are worried about the steps and time required, here is everything about oatmeal cookies
Secrets and notes on oatmeal cookies
Here are the 7 most important secrets and notes for preparing delicious oatmeal cookies, after which you will find a video, ingredients and preparation steps.
Note: You can skip the secret notes and go directly to the video and preparation method.
7 - Ingredients you have to trust
Do you want the perfect and delicious oatmeal cookies? So there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to the ingredients that are added, the possible changes, and the outcome when relying on different ingredients.
In oatmeal cookies, you should rely on normal oatmeal and not use instant oatmeal or oatmeal, otherwise the cookies will have a different texture due to the different amount of liquid absorbed by the oats and you can get dry cookies if the amount of liquid is added. it is not adjusted.
Here you can simply count on the versatile white flour available at all grocery stores and malls.
A mixture of baking powder and baking soda
Relying on a mixture of baking powder and baking soda can ensure the crunchy texture of cookies.
A little salt can make a big difference in flavor, and unfortunately it’s often overlooked even with oatmeal for breakfast and other recipes, so you should add it to your cookie recipe and try to add it to other recipes and taste the difference!
You may like: Oatmeal Breakfast Recipes ... 6 Recipes and 9 Healthy Reasons to Eat Oatmeal
Cinnamon is one of the main ingredients in this oatmeal cookie recipe, but if you want more flavor, you can add a little nutmeg powder and ginger, which guarantee you a different, fresh and delicious taste.
Do not melt the butter too much
When you add butter to the cookie mixture, it should be soft and not melted, so many things will be ensured, the most important of which is the perfect texture of the cookies, as well as the taste and ease of mixing ingredients. and shape cookies. pieces.
You can count on salted butter
Here, too, salted butter will work very well and guarantee you a decent taste, but only if you don’t add salt in addition to salted butter (because each bar of salted butter contains about a quarter teaspoon of salt).
brown sugar with white sugar
Each of the two types of sugar guarantees a certain result for the cookies, so they are trusted: white sugar gives them a crunchy texture, while brown sugar gives the cookies a little caramel flavor, but if there is no brown sugar, you can only rely on white sugar.
The eggs combine all the ingredients and form a soft, sticky dough.
You can rely on liquid vanilla extract or vanilla powder, in which case it is added to the dry ingredient mixture.
(Optional) Raisins can guarantee a great delicious taste, but you can omit this ingredient and usually add fresh raisins.
(Optional) Gives oatmeal cookies a crunchy texture, and who doesn’t like that!
If you are a chocolate lover, of course, you can add an appropriate amount of chocolate chips or chunks of chocolate (dark chocolate / milk chocolate / white chocolate), and the amount of a cup can be considered a very appropriate amount. .
6 - You can mix the ingredients with an electric or hand mixer instead of a food processor
By preparing the dough for oatmeal cookies with a manual or electric mixer, the perfect result can be obtained as if it were prepared with a food processor, but there are some points that need to be checked:
- The butter should not melt completely, but it should be softer than the temperature in the kitchen, which means you can expose it to a little heat (put it in the microwave for a few moments) before adding it. the, and also cut it into small cubes instead of large ones. pieces all this makes the task of beating the ingredients easier and more efficient.
- The ingredients can be a load for the electric mixer motor or they can stick to the walls of the bowl, so you need to stir them a bit with a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula from time to time during the mixing process.
- Leave the dough in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes because the butter has already heated up before adding it to the mixture.
5- Nutritional content of oatmeal cookies
The amount of ingredients used in this recipe is enough to make about 32 cookies, each with the following nutritional content:
- Calories - 184 calories.
- Fat 9 grams - 14% of the daily requirement.
- 4 g of saturated fat - 25% of the daily requirement.
- Cholesterol 25 mg - 8% of daily requirement.
- Sodium 64 mg - 3% of the daily requirement.
- Potassium 113 mg - 3% of the daily requirement.
- Carbohydrates 24 g - 8% of the daily requirement.
- Fiber 1 g - 4% of the daily requirement.
- Sugar 9 grams - 10% of the daily requirement.
- Protein 2 grams - 4% of the daily requirement.
- Vitamin A 190 units - 4% of the daily requirement.
- Vitamin C3 mg - 0% of daily requirement.
- Calcium 23 mg - 2% of the daily requirement.
- Iron 1 mg - 6% of the daily requirement.
Note that the GDR is based on 2,000 calories per day.
You may also like: How many calories are there in oats
4 - How are cookies stored so that they are crispy and soft?
Sure, you’ll have to stock up on cookies, but now they’re so tasty and fresh and warm, but what do you think of a way to make sure they stay that way even after a while?
It depends on storing them in an airtight container after placing a sheet of parchment paper and then arranging the cookies in rows next to each other, and you can place a few pieces on top of each other. , and leave them at room temperature.
Note: Baked cookies according to the above method can be stored, keeping their freshness and crunchiness for up to 5 days.
3- Can the dough of oatmeal cookies be prepared in advance?
Yes, the cookie dough can be prepared in advance and kept cold for 3-5 days, and can be frozen in the fridge for up to 3 months.
It is preferable that, when keeping it cold or in the fridge, it is done after making balls so that a part is removed, thawed and baked in the oven directly without the need to melt all the dough, even if only a little. few pieces.
2 - How can I prepare two cookies with oats only?
You often don’t have to make a lot of oatmeal cookies, you just want to eat two pieces of them, but how is that? It takes 10 minutes to prepare and 13 minutes to bake.
As for the ingredients, they are: 2 tablespoons soft butter - 1/4 cup brown sugar - 1 tablespoon scrambled eggs - 1/4 cup white flour - 1/4 cup instant oats - 1 teaspoon baking soda sodium - a little salt (unless approved) On salted butter, do not add salt) - 2 tablespoons raisins or chocolate chips - 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts.
First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, then melt the butter in the microwave for a few moments, then in a large bowl mix the ingredients well and finally add the raisins or chocolate with the walnuts and give -his form. the dough into two disks and put it on the baking tray on a sheet of parchment paper and bake in the oven for a while 13-15 minutes until golden.
Note: How do you get a tablespoon of scrambled eggs? This is done by breaking the egg and beating it whole and taking a spoonful and leaving the rest in the fridge for other uses.
1 - What about other oatmeal cookie recipes?
As for oatmeal cookies, the options are very numerous and very tasty Here are some ideas for other recipes that are based on the same basic steps, but instead of cinnamon - raisins - we will use other ingredients:
- Banana with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon with apple puree and chopped or finely chopped walnuts.
- Cinnamon with walnuts and chopped carrots.
- band only.
- Cocoa with chocolate chips and chocolate sauce is prepared to cover the cookies or to dip the pieces in them.
How to make oatmeal cookies
Number of cookies: 32 pieces - Preparation time: 15 minutes - Baking time: 40 minutes - Total time: 55 minutes.
- White flour - 1 cup and a half (212 grams).
- Ground cinnamon - a teaspoon.
- Baking soda - half a teaspoon.
- Copper powder - half a teaspoon.
- Salt - half a teaspoon.
- Soft, salt-free butter at room temperature - 1 cup (226 grams)
- Brown sugar - 1 cup (200 grams).
- White sugar - ½ cup (100 g).
- Eggs - 2 accounts.
- Vanilla - a tablespoon and a half.
- Oatmeal - 3 cups (260 grams)
- Raisins - 1 cup (153 grams)
- Chopped nuts - 1 cup (118 g)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- In a bowl of suitable size, mix: flour + cinnamon + yeast + baking soda + salt, for about 20 seconds and then set this mixture aside until it takes advantage.
- In another bowl, beat the butter with the brown and white sugar on high speed until the mixture becomes a homogeneous cream.
- Then add each egg separately, after the first, with a blender until it disappears, then add the next, and then add the vanilla and beat for a few seconds.
- Now it is the turn of the previous flour mixture, add it and mix it well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Finally add both the oatmeal and the raisins and walnuts.
- We mix these ingredients until we get a uniform distribution in the cookie dough.
- Make balls of the right size with the dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray and line up the balls, leaving enough space between them.
- Bake in the oven until they take the shape of discs and the edges are golden.
- Take out of the oven and wait until they have cooled down a bit and your oatmeal cookies are ready.
I don’t think there’s anything more delicious than a piece of oatmeal cookie you’ve prepared to eat and enjoy at the start of the day, after a long day or when you want to pamper yourself.
You may like:
- Oatmeal diet recipes are delicious, but how can you lose weight by eating them?
- Oatmeal sweets ... 3 delicious and irresistible recipes
- How to make a diet oatmeal cake with the most delicious and easy recipes without a doubt
- How to make oatmeal cookies with 4 healthy, easy and delicious recipes
- Oatmeal cookies
- Gemma's best oatmeal cookies
- Healthy oatmeal cookies
- Recipe for an oatmeal cookie with raisins
How to make oatmeal cookies with video and step details with the most important secrets and notes