A cake that combines dates and nuts as well as coffee and cocoa! It is a date cake with nuts. It is an eggless cake, a totally vegan cake and can be considered totally healthy. If you want to eat cake but you are worried about the amount of calories, fats and carbohydrates it contains, you should try this cake.
Date cake with eggless nuts
Preparation time: 30 minutes - Baking time in the oven: 50 minutes - Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Wholemeal flour - one cup and three quarters.
- Vegetable oil (sunflower or any other good type) - ½ cup.
- Normal and unrefined sugar: three-quarters cup.
- Almond milk, oat milk or soy milk - 1 cup.
- Water - a cup.
- Dates without stone (without seeds) - 1 cup.
- Nuts - half a cup.
- Instant coffee - 2 tablespoons powder.
- Cocoa beans or chocolate chips - 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla powder - half a teaspoon.
- Copper powder - a teaspoon.
- Baking soda - half a teaspoon.
- Salt - a small pinch.
Mix of date and walnut cake
- Soak dates and walnuts in water and set aside for half an hour.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray or grease it with a little vegetable oil or butter, then dust it with a little flour.
- Heat the milk until hot.
- Add the powdered coffee to the hot milk and stir well.
- Strain the dates and nuts from the water.
- In a suitable bowl, add each of the milk coffee mixes, as well as the dates and nuts.
- Stir a little and leave the mixture in the milk for 15-20 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the salt and yeast, grind the bread and sift this mixture well.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the flour mixture above and stir a little.
- Add the date, nut, milk and coffee mixture to the flour mixture.
- Beat the finished mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and smooth-textured.
- Add the chocolate chips or cocoa beans to the mixture and stir with a normal spoon until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
How to Make a New Date Cake |
- Pour the date cake mixture with walnuts onto the baking tray.
- Shake the tray a little to make sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Put the tray in the hot oven.
- Bake the nut cake with walnuts for 45-60 minutes, until golden or try the wooden stick.
- Then remove the cake from the oven and wait a few minutes for it to cool, then separate it from the core.
- You can serve it hot with a cup of coffee or tea, or you can cool it in the fridge for a few hours and serve.
- Adding coffee powder, cocoa beans or chocolate chips is optional and you can make date cake without it.
- You can rely on nutmeg flour, almond flour, or nutmeg instead of wholemeal flour, and you can also rely on regular flour if it’s not available.
- If you want a new taste, you can add it at the end instead of the chocolate or cocoa chips.
- You can prepare chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and distribute it on the cake immediately before serving.
- You can also cover the cake with a suitable amount of melted chocolate and then leave it in the fridge until it hardens.
- It is preferable to rely on sugary dates thanks to their strong and delicious taste and distinctive texture, but if it is not available, you can rely on any type of dates as you can use the date paste (Ajwa).
- You can store the cake in a suitable container in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Instead of making it into a regular cake mold, you can use small cupcake molds or rectangular molds for French cakes.
If you are a vegetarian, this cake is a suitable option for you, but even if you are not a vegetarian, you should try this cake, you can add it to your list of favorite cakes if it does not become a real addiction!
More types of cake with cinnamon:
- Cinnamon and walnut cake with the most important secrets
- How to make an apple pie with cinnamon
- How to make a banana and cinnamon cake
- date cake recipe | new date cake | eggless date and walnut bread
- Easy date and nut cake (no eggs + vegan)
- RECIPE OF DATE CAKES WITH WALNUTS
Vegan date cake with wholemeal flour ... a cake without eggs!