“Drink your black coffee or black Nescafé with a little lemon and lose a lot of fat” But is it that easy? Can your cup of coffee be made more effective for losing pounds? What does the mixture of Nescafé and lemon do to lose weight?
Nescafé and lemon, we have heard a lot about this duet, some believe it is effective for weight loss, some have already tried it and the result was good, and some are afraid to add lemon to their cup of coffee for fear of the side. effects and damages ... So what is the truth of the matter?
Nescaffe and lemon to lose weight
It's one of the recipes you've probably heard a lot about, what you've heard may be about its benefits for losing weight and losing a lot of pounds and dissolving fat in record time, or it may be about the damage of adding -lemon. Nescafé.
What is the truth about Nescafé and lemon when it comes to losing weight?
There is no true evidence to support the ability of Nescafé with lemon, it may be a very popular idea, but neither Nescafé by itself, nor lemon, not even a mixture of lemon and Nescafé, none of this is capable of dissolve the fat and remove it. you of that!
In fact, the only way to get rid of accumulated fat is to control calories, either by reducing the calories you get or burning more, or by getting both.
But that doesn’t detract from the fact that consuming coffee and lemon can help you lose weight, as many people have already noticed a clear decrease in weight when eating this blend, as a result of the benefits it brings.
The benefits of Nescafé with lemon
So, drinking Nescafé and lemon to lose weight can have a good result, specifically to help the body lose weight and not lose weight directly, but how can this drink? And what are the benefits?
1- Promote the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats
Coffee increases and supports brown adipose tissue (metabolic active tissue) which increases and improves the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats (i.e., obtaining energy from them) (1) which in turn means that your body will consume them. instead of storing them.
Unfortunately, metabolically active tissues decrease, and their capacity decreases with age, and here emerges the importance of eating Nescafe in general and Nescafe with lemon in particular.
2 - Detoxification
Lemon is an essential part of any detox diet to cleanse the body of toxins, along with the role of caffeine in coffee and other compounds that stimulate the body to do so.
3- Improves digestion
It is one of the most important effects I have ever experienced, which is to improve your digestion just by drinking a cup of coffee, especially when you eat it after a hearty meal, and this is due to caffeine and its stimulating role that stimulates the digestive system, as for lemon, its role lies in the stimulation and improvement of digestive juices (stomach acid).
4- Increase your metabolic rate
Metabolism is the rate at which calories are consumed or the foods you eat are converted into energy. It depends on a number of factors: hormones - activity level - age ... But on the other hand, there are foods that they contain compounds that increase. the metabolic rate, including coffee, specifically the types that contain caffeine, and lemons, both with acidic effect or by effect of other compounds and vitamins it contains.
Note: Drinking coffee increases the metabolic rate over the next three hours, so the amount of calories burned increases by 8% to 11%, which is about 80-150 more calories per day (2).
5- Stimulate bowel movement
If you suffer from constipation or disorders of the colon (irritable bowel syndrome), eating a cup of Nescafé with lemon can stimulate and activate bowel movement, and relieve annoying symptoms such as: swelling - cramps - constipation .. .
Nescaffe and lemon are among the richest sources of highly effective antioxidants, such as chlorogenic acid (3), flavonoids, and vitamin C (4), which fight free radicals and protect cells from damage. as a result of oxidative reactions with them, although the The effect of free radicals clearly appears on skin cells, but their dangerous impact is faced by cells throughout the body.
7- Treat stress and tension
As a result of many factors, today's life is characterized by stress, stress and pressures ... all this has a great impact on overall health, in addition to the weight disorders that can be represented by a increase or decrease, in contrast, Coffee and lemon are among the things that are able to manage stress, reduce stress and cope with fatigue.
8 - Reduce fat accumulation
Looking at the cup of Nescafé with lemon itself, it is fat-free and low in calories, and on the other hand, from its effect on toxins and increasing the metabolic rate to improving bowel movement, all this works to reduce the accumulation. of fat.
9 - Regulation of blood sugar levels
Blood sugar rises when you eat foods that turn into sugar when they break down in the body (simple sugars), and when blood sugar rises, insulin responds to return to normal levels by storing sugar in cells. , and this has negative consequences such as: weight gain - type 2 diabetes ...
On the other hand, coffee and lemon are among the foods that are able to control the level of sugar in the blood and maintain its stability, especially if we add slices of lemon and not juice (ie you add fiber).
10 - Increase your energy level
Nescaffe with lemon This mixture that combines caffeine and vitamins, the most important of which is vitamin C, is the best blend to increase energy and body activity, as well as improving intellectual abilities, concentration , memory and learning ability. , you will also be able to exercise for a longer period and your body will be able to cope with the muscle fatigue you experience after exercise.
11 - Awakening
Why do we like to eat Nescafè in the morning? Because caffeine helps us wake up and improve our mood, but did you know that citrus fruits, especially lemons, have a stimulating effect? Yes, it can even surpass caffeine ...
So it’s more than a cup of Nescafé and lemon to lose weight, it’s a cup that will help you start the day, have a better time and stay healthy.
12 - The benefits of lemon and Nescafé
You can get these benefits even with coffee and lemon separately, so you don’t have to take them together or at the same time, there is no evidence that mixing them makes you lose weight faster, or offers different benefits.
Disadvantages of Nescafé with lemon
The damage of Nescafé with lemon depends on the effect of each of them and the side effects that are related to eating it, either separately or together, and the most important of these damages:
- Caffeine has an addictive effect and therefore you can get used to it and then if you abstain, you may experience withdrawal symptoms which are: headache - fatigue and tiredness - decreased intellectual abilities - stress. ..
- Some people are allergic to caffeine, and even a small amount of it can be dangerous, causing unpleasant symptoms, and sometimes even more than that and threatening death.
- Consuming a large amount of caffeine puts you at risk for allergic reactions, even if you are not sensitive to caffeine, and therefore you should not exceed the amount allowed.
- Excess caffeine threatens pregnant women with pregnancy loss (5).
- Although uncommon, for some, lemons or citrus in general can cause an allergic reaction (6).
- Coffee and lemon have a stimulating effect and can therefore cause sleep disturbances, especially if consumed within 3 hours before bedtime (7).
How do you take Nescafé and lemon to lose weight?
So far we have discovered that both Nescafé and lemon can help the body lose weight, even if you take them separately, but if you want to eat Nescafé with lemon, here are the recipe and the most important notes to keep in mind.
How to prepare Nescafe with lemon
You can rely on any type of instant Nescafe, whether Nescafe Gold or normal Nescafe, as long as it is Nescafe without any additives (no sugar or bleach).
- Instant coffee - 2 tbsp.
- Hot water - 200 or 250 ml.
- Lemon juice - a small lemon.
- Prepare the Nescafé by adding water to the instant coffee powder, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then stirring it a bit.
- Add the lemon juice, stir directly and enjoy.
- If you’re a fan of iced coffee, you can wait for the Nescafe to cool down and then add lemon juice and ice cubes.
Characteristics of the Nescafé drink with lemon
Although you can get the same benefits by eating Nescafé and lemon separately, but there are still some advantages that this mixture has, such as:
- Nescafé with lemon is a delicious drink for people who like the taste of coffee that tends to acidity, like Robusta coffee beans.
- Nescafe with lemon works to make you more alert and energetic with a moderate amount of caffeine.
- Nescaffe with lemon will give you an increase in vitamins and other nutrients.
- Nescafé and lemon are a low-calorie drink. A cup of Nescafé without any additives contains less than 3 calories, and the lemon juice of a small lemon contains less than 20 calories, in total, a cup does not contain more than 23 calories, so you can eat it without any of concern.
- Easy to prepare Just add a little lemon or a slice of lemon to the Nescafé.
The most important notes
There are some notes and points you should make sure of before eating Nescafé with lemon, the most important of which are:
- If you are allergic to caffeine, coffee in general, or lemon, you should avoid it.
- If you are taking anti-inflammatory drugs, you should not take lemon while you are taking the medicine.
- It is always best to consult your doctor, either to consider the effectiveness of the mixture for weight loss, or its effect on you, especially if you are taking a specific medication.
- Start eating a small amount of it and observe its effect on you and whether it suits you or not and then you can include it in your diet.
Nescaffe and lemon to lose weight ... 12 benefits, but do you have to eat?