Butter coffee is not a new drink, but it has recently gained a lot of popularity. Butter has reached the cups of coffee to satisfy the desire of people who follow a diet low in carbohydrates and high in protein and fat (diet keto), but what The truth is to add butter to coffee? Are there really health benefits? Or is it just fake fame!
The first time I heard about coffee with butter, it was amazing, how good the taste of butter can be against espresso, and maybe it’s especially amazing for coffee lovers without additives, but then I came across a lot of information about this coffee and here it is all below.
Nutritional content of coffee with butter
A 237 ml cup of coffee with two tablespoons of unsalted butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil contains:
- Calories: 445 calories.
- Carbohydrates: 0 g.
- Total amount of fat: 50 g (90% of the fat in buttered coffee is saturated fat).
- Protein: 0 g.
- Dietary fiber: 0 g.
- Sodium: 9% of the daily requirement.
- Vitamin A: 20% of the daily requirement.
Although there are a number of studies linking the incidence of cardiovascular disease with the intake of saturated fats, research has found that providing the body with saturated fats does not lead directly to cardiovascular disease, but the incidence is related to a group of other elements. , factors and substances (Study 1).
In addition to the high content of saturated fats and calories, coffee with butter is a good source of vitamin A, which is one of the vitamins that dissolve in a fatty medium, and offers many benefits for the body, the most important of which Maintain skin health, strengthen the immune system and protect eyesight.
In addition, coffee with butter contains small amounts of calcium and a group of vitamins in addition to the fact that 20% of the fat it contains is unsaturated fat, which reduces the risk of heart disease, but this coffee does not n 'is a good source. .
You may also be interested in: An overview of the symptoms of cardiovascular disease
Refrain from fats versus eating healthy fats
Forget low fat diets, they can be effective in losing weight, but at the same time they can be harmful. How is it?
Disadvantages of a severe deficiency in healthy fats
Low-fat foods need to add a greater amount of carbohydrates, the most important of which are sugars, in order to have an acceptable taste after losing the fat-containing flavor, and increasing carbohydrates. carbon causes many diseases.Perhaps obesity and diabetes. are the most important (Study 1).
In addition, if the percentage of fat in the body falls below the allowable limit, it will lead to a deficiency of the vitamins that the body needs, which need a fatty medium to dissolve and benefit, as well as an imbalance in the hormone. balance (Study 2).
It doesn’t stop here, what else? Every cell in the body is covered in a fat sheath, and with a decrease in fat and an increase in carbohydrates, this cover is weaker and less than it should be, and this has many negative health consequences. , but what is clear from it is the aging of the skin and its loss of shine, elasticity and vitality.
You may be interested in: 15 habits that guarantee to fight wrinkles before they exist
Health benefits of fats
By getting the right amount of fat, and most importantly from healthy and natural sources, many benefits can be guaranteed. Coconut oil contains healthy saturated fats that regulate blood cholesterol and increase metabolism.
Coconut oil also works to increase the body's immunity as it is antibacterial and antifungal because it contains both: lauric acid with capric acid, in addition to its effectiveness in restoring the vitality and luminosity of the skin and coping to their problems, and the fats in vegetable oils (coconut oil - olive oil ...) protect neurons in the brain and prevent dementia (Study 3).
You may be interested in: Foods that strengthen the immune system and tips for keeping it healthy
Feeling full and overcoming extreme hunger
If you have ever had a high-sugar breakfast or if you have missed breakfast, it is clear that you experienced extreme hunger at noon that day, this hunger is usually accompanied by a decrease in concentration and intellectual abilities. and cravings for sweets or a cup of coffee. rich in sugar and cream, as well as a piece of donut, as an attempt by the body to raise the blood sugar level.
But did you know that it is possible to overcome this by relying on coffee with butter? The low sugars and high fats in a cup of coffee with butter help the body maintain a stable blood sugar level and limit high and low levels, which means coping with extreme hunger and reducing cravings. sweet and high carbohydrate foods.
And not only does it depend on fat, but the caffeine content of coffee works to stop the feeling of hunger for a long time in addition to giving you a lot of energy and boosting your intellectual and physical skills and abilities.
That is, a cup of coffee with butter may be the best alternative if you have to choose between a breakfast rich in carbohydrates and sugars or between skipping breakfast and not eating it.
You may be interested in: Overcoming hunger during the diet ... 15 steps to relieve hunger and follow a diet without it
Coffee with butter will increase your metabolism
The metabolic rate increases, the faster the body processes and digests fats and obtains nutrients, and many studies have found that medium fat chains are digested by the body easier and faster compared to long chains of triglycerides. It contains the best medium chain. fatty acids.
Research has also shown that people who get medium chain fats have a better insulin response and are therefore more able to get glucose instead of staying in the vessels and arteries causing a lot of health problems, in comparison with people who eat long-chain fats (Study 4). ).
In addition to fats, caffeine comes into play, which is a natural stimulant that helps increase metabolism and increase its rate, and coffee is the richest compared to other drinks and foods.
You may be interested in: 12 types of foods that help burn fat
What do you think about giving up sugars? you can do it
The taste buds are very sensitive and very smart, they can get used to a new taste (no sugar) in a very short time, and here lies the second key you can rely on to break your sugar addiction.
As for the first key, it is that both caffeine and healthy fats regulate blood sugar levels and limit their extreme levels, thus reducing your desire for sugar and feeling full for a long time after a cup of coffee, so you won’t be prone to snacking between meals.
You may be interested in: 16 Steps to Easily Get Rid of Addiction to Sugar and Sweets
Dangers of drinking coffee with butter
Despite the above important benefits, excess coffee with butter can turn the issue around, and instead of reaping the benefits, risks are reached, the most important of which are:
- Butter coffee is rich in calories and fats, but lacks other nutrients that the body needs: vitamins - minerals - fiber - protein ... which must be balanced for the body to be healthy.
- If you are not used to the large amount of fat, eating it can lead to many digestive problems such as bloating, diarrhea, etc., so it is preferable to start adding a small amount and then gradually increase it until you reach the specified amount. .
- Excessive fat intake can be the most important cause of life-threatening diseases: the heart - the arteries ... So be sure to eat in moderation, as one cup is enough.
- Butter coffee can be effective in stimulating metabolism, which promotes weight loss, but if you follow a diet high in carbohydrates and sugars in particular and drink coffee with butter, this can lead to weight gain instead. to lose weight.
Ingredients for coffee with butter
- 1.5 tablespoons instant coffee.
- cup of hot water.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- A tablespoon of coconut oil.
Steps to prepare coffee with butter
- Make instant coffee by adding it to a cup of hot water and stirring well.
- Using an electric mixer, mix all the ingredients together until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour it into your cup and enjoy.
- You can add any of: cocoa - cinnamon, you can also wait for it to cool a bit and then add ice and have enough butter.
You may be interested in: Iced coffee ... 5 recipes for the most delicious and enjoyable cup of coffee in summer
Mistakes in making coffee with butter
During the butter coffee brewing method, mistakes can be made that will reduce the quality of the cup of coffee you make, change the taste you are expecting, and deprive you of the benefits, so be sure of the following:
- If you use salted butter or low quality butter, this will negatively affect the taste and sometimes you will not get the desired benefits from this cup of coffee.
- Stir the ingredients instead of grating them with an electric mixer. In this case, do not expect to get a creamy coffee texture, as the butter and oil do not respond to stirring and will not mix with the coffee-based water, so be sure to trust the blender and mix the ingredients for at least 30 seconds.
- Add a lot of fat to your first cup of coffee, and this can cause digestive upset if you’re not used to eating fat, so start with less and then add more gradually until you get used to it.
- Adding sugars and sweeteners to a cup of coffee with butter will only add more empty calories to your coffee and give you more weight and gain many pounds, so be sure to avoid adding sugar to your coffee.
Also, if you are allergic to milk and its products, that means you can’t drink coffee, and here are two options, the first is to drink coffee without additives or add sugar, but what to do? are you thinking of another option that doesn’t include sugar? The unsalted butter will give your coffee a characteristic sweet taste and a soft texture.
- Does butter coffee have health benefits?
- Butter in coffee: benefits and health risks
- What are the health benefits of bulletproof coffee?
- Butter in coffee? Here’s the right way to do it + a simple recipe for coffee with butter
How about drinking a cup of coffee with butter ... So here are the benefits, risks and method of preparation?