The creamy mushroom or mushroom soup is characterized by its rich and charming taste that results from the cooking of onions with mushrooms until each of its colors and shape becomes like a delicious caramel, to then add cream that gives the soup the its rich and characteristic taste. easy recipe with which you can decorate your trip at any time How to make mushroom cream.
How to make a creamy mushroom soup, according to the method of Chef John
- Preparation time: 15 minutes.
- Cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Number of servings: 6 servings.
- Half a cup of unsalted butter.
- 1 kilo of fresh, sliced mushrooms.
- Salt to taste (preferably a pinch).
- 1 diced yellow onion.
- 1 tablespoon flour for all use.
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 2 cloves peeled garlic.
- 4 cups chicken broth.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 cup thick whipping cream.
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper, or to taste.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, to garnish or to taste.
How to prepare
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the amount of mushrooms to the butter with a pinch of salt and cook until the mushrooms release their delicious juices, then turn on the heat over low heat and let the mushrooms simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly. mushroom juice. it evaporates and becomes a beautiful golden color.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook with the mushrooms for another 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Now add the amount of flour to the mushroom and onion mixture and stir non-stop for about two minutes until the flour is flavored with mushrooms and onion and we get rid of the taste of the raw flour.
- Then tie the thyme sprigs with cooking threads and add them to the mixture with the garlic cloves, then add the chicken broth and a cup of water and let them simmer for an hour (if the mixture seems too thick, can be diluted). remove by adding more chicken broth or water).
- Then we remove the thyme from the mixture and pass the mixture in batches to the blender to grind it to obtain a thick and smooth mixture (it is preferable to put the blender at high speed when we make the soup puree).
- Return the soup or broth to the pot, then add the cream, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- And now the soup is ready to serve, you can decorate the serving dishes with slices of mushrooms and thyme leaves to make your dishes look and taste great.
How to Make French Mushroom Soup Cream, Like Martha Stewart |
- Preparation time: 1 hour.
- Number of servings: 12 stakes.
- Half a cup of chopped onion.
- Half a cup of unsalted butter, dividing the amount in half.
- 6 tablespoons flour for all use.
- 12 cups homemade chicken broth or canned chicken broth, as long as it is low in sodium.
- 2 sprigs of parsley leaves, plus a suitable amount to garnish the dishes.
- 1 small dried bay leaf.
- A stream of dried thyme.
- 1 kilo and a half of mushrooms, cut into thin slices.
- coarse salt
- The juice of half a lemon.
- Yolk of 4 large eggs.
- 1 cup whipped cream.
How to prepare
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onions with 4 tablespoons butter for 4 to 5 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Then add the flour and leave for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until it takes on a dark brown or golden color.
- Pour in the chicken stock and mix well with the flour, then add the parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into another bowl.
- Prepare a large frying pan and put it on medium heat to melt the remaining butter, which is equivalent to 4 tablespoons.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan after salting and let them cook in butter until tender.
- Add the lemon juice to the mushrooms and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
- Heat the broth we prepared first over low heat until it boils.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks and cream well until smooth.
- Gently add a cup of hot broth to the cream and egg mixture and mix, then add this mixture back to the broth pot and heat it a little without reaching the boiling point (in case of boiling, curd the yolk). ).
- Finally, add the mushroom mixture to the final mixture and stir well until the ingredients are smooth and ready to serve, you can decorate them with parsley leaves or a little mushroom.
How to make a creamy mushroom soup ... according to the best international chefs